Terms & conditions for booking a retreat at Mokum Surf Club
(a) Your payments are refundable until 60 days before the retreat start date. Returned payments are subject to a $200 handling charge. Cancellation will incur cancellation charges as set out in paragraph 7 below.
(b) In order to make a reservation you will be asked for a deposit of 25%. The full retreat price must be paid 60 days before the retreat start date in order to guarantee your spot.
(c) Your booking is not considered definite and no contract will exist between you and Mokum Surf Club until we receive full payment from you.
(d) We do not store credit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties.
(e) By applying and paying for a Mokum Surf Club Retreat, you accept all terms and conditions as stated on our website.
(a) The price is the exact amount to be received by us, irrespective of fluctuations in currency and irrespective of any third party transfer charges. If you choose to pay by electronic transfer, please instruct your bank to charge all costs to you in order to avoid a shortfall in the amount that we receive.
(b) Payment by Paypal: we will send you a request from our Mokum Surf Club Paypal account.
As our retreats are based on a community building vibe, rooms will be shared with other travelers. You can either share a room with a friend or partner, or get partnered up with your future surf BFF.
(a) Sharing a room with a stranger: If a place in a 6-bed or 2-bed room is already taken and you are a solo traveller who is happy to share a double room with another solo traveller, please enquire.
(b) Single Occypancy: If you desire single occupancy of a room with two or more beds please tell us in your booking request. This will add extra costs.
4. Your Travel Arrangements:
All travel arrangements are your responsibility and at your own cost. We shall not be held liable for any consequences arising from delays or cancellations in any of the companies you may have made arrangements with, or for any irregularities in your documentation required for travel. Direct transfers to/from the retreat are included in the price. We have reliable taxi drivers to bring you directly to the retreat location 1.5 hours away depending on traffic. If you arrive earlier than the first day of the retreat you will be responsible for your accommodation and transfers to hotel.
5. Passports & Visas:
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have a valid passport (valid 6 months after the departure date). You must also be in possession of visas, if necessary. It is not Mokum Surf Club’s responsibility if a customer is refused entry to the country due to a lack of travel documentation.
6.0 Travel Insurance
(a) We recommend you have travel insurance as things do happen. Your travel insurance should cover the activity of this retreat as well as unexpected cancellation, sickness, losses and all the usual risks.
(b) Breaking, losing or all other forms of damage to the products of our partners (e.g. accommodation, surf rental, etc.) will be for your own costs. Therefore, we advise you to cover possible costs like these by having a liability insurance.
6.1 Your Health
(a) You should also consult a doctor with an understanding of surfing to check that you are sufficiently fit and healthy to undertake surf classes and other physical activities that we arrange at your request (e.g. yoga, swimming, hiking, horseback riding, etc.).
(b) Please be sure to advise us of any health conditions before you book. If you experience any injury or discomfort during any activity during the retreat, then you must stop immediately and consult a member of the Mokum Surf Club team. We reserve the right to decline your application to stay at a Mokum Surf Club retreat. If you do not advise us of your health conditions we reserve the right to cancel your booking.
(c) Whilst all measures are taken to ensure a high standard of health and safety, we are situated oceanfront where hazards do exist and we shall not be responsible for any injuries obtained.
7. Cancellation by you:
You (or any member of your party) may cancel your booking at any time, providing that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form and is notified to us in writing. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us.
As this incurs administrative costs, returned payments are subject to a $200 handling charge and in addition, if such cancellation is made within less than 60 days before the start of the retreat, we will retain 50% of the cost of the retreat. A cancellation less than 60 days before departure means that the sums for your accommodation and services have already been sent to the suppliers and these funds are not refundable to us.
Once the package/room has been booked, the spot becomes unavailable for someone who could have booked otherwise. However, if another person can be found to take your place, then we may offer you a 75% refund at our discretion.
Refunds and returned payments are normally settled within 10 working days of the date of cancellation. Otherwise, once a booking has been accepted no payment is refundable unless the course is cancelled. Once the retreat has begun, no refund or part refund or unused portion of the retreat will be repaid in the event of cancellation by you. Bookings are for the stated period of the retreat. There are no refunds for an unused portion of the retreat. If the reason for cancellation is covered under the terms of your Insurance Policy, you may be able to make a claim.
8. Amendments by Mokum Surf Club: Occasionally, changes may have to be made (e.g., surf teacher, class times or other arrangements), which we reserve the right to do at any time.
9. Cancellation by Mokum Surf Club: We reserve the right in any circumstances to cancel a retreat, in which case we will offer a full refund of all money paid within 20 working days. In particular our retreats require a minimum number of at least 50% of the participants to have booked by 30 days before the start date. If this minimum number is not reached by that date we may cancel and refund the money to you.
10. Our liability to you:
(a) We accept responsibility for ensuring that the retreats are supplied as described and that the services we are contractually obliged to provide are to a reasonable standard.
(b) We do not accept any liability for cancellations, delays or changes caused by war, threat of war, terrorist actions or threats, closure of airports, civil strife, industrial action, natural disaster, technical problems to transport, staff cancellations, unforeseen changes in your personal circumstances or other events beyond our control.
(c) We are not liable for any injuries you may incur. Activities at a Mokum Surf Club retreat are undertaken at your own risk. We are not liable for any medical or psychiatric conditions which may develop during or subsequent to the retreat. We are not liable for loss of, or damage to, your personal property.
11. Group Bookings: Where a booking is made on behalf of several individuals the booking is conditional on the person signing the booking form having authorization from all the individuals named on the booking form to enter into this contract. A deposit from every group member is required. If any member of the group can not come for any reason, their deposit is forfeit.
12. Complaints: If you have a problem during your retreat, please inform Mokum Surf Club immediately and he/she will endeavour to put things right. Please note that we cannot guarantee the proportion of male/female guests in any group, and we cannot be responsible for the individual behaviour of any group member or other guest.
13. Legal Disclaimer: The information contained in this Site is for general guidance on matters of interest only. Given the changing nature of laws, rules and regulations, and the inherent hazards of electronic communication, there may be delays, omissions or inaccuracies in information contained in this Site. Accordingly, the information on this Site is provided with the understanding that the authors and publishers are not herein engaged in rendering professional advice and services. As such, it should not be used as a substitute for consultation with professionals or other competent advisers. Before making any decision or taking any action, you should consult someone at Mokum Surf Club. While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained in this Site has been obtained from reliable sources, Mokum Surf Club is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information. All information in this Site is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to warranties of performance, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. In no event will Mokum Surf Club, its related partnerships or corporations, or the partners, agents or employees thereof be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information in this Site or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages. Certain links in this Site connect to other Web Sites maintained by third parties over whom Mokum Surf Club has no control. Mokum Surf Club makes no representations as to the accuracy or any other aspect of information contained in other Web Sites.
15. Complaints: Mokum Surf Club is confident that you will not find cause for concern during your retreat. If you feel that a complaint is warranted you must raise the issue directly with Mokum Surf Club. Any retrospective complaint must be made in writing to Mokum Surf Club within 14 days of the end of your retreat.